Katrinas School of Hair and Beauty is a VET Student Loans approved course provider.
The VET Student Loans program is an Australian Government loan program that helps eligble students enrolled in approved courses at approved course providers pay their tuition fees up to certain cap amounts.
Katrinas School of Hair and Beauty is an approved provider and is able to offer to eligible students VET Student Loans for:
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy (Maximum amount that can be borrowed $10,000)
- SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management (Maximum amount that can be borrowed $5,000)
Please see the following for further information about applying for a VET Student Loan:
To access a VET Student Loan, you must provide the required evidence against the eligibility criteria. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements.
- Be an eligible student
- Be studying an approved course
- Be studying with an approved course provider
- Apply to the government using the approved form
- Confirm your engagement and progression to continue to access the loan through your course
You must also meet ALL of these criteria:
- You are:
- An Australian citizen, or
- A New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, or
- A permanent humanitarian visa holder
- You have not exceeded the Fee-Help limit
- Be 18 years of age or older, or have a legal guardian or parent complete parental consent form
- You are enrolled with an approved course provider in an approved course and have enrolled in accordance with the application requirements
- You are studying the approved course primarily at a campus in Australia
- You have been assessed by your approved course provider as academically suited to undertake the approved course by either;
- Providing your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- Providing evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English); OR
- Displaying competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
- In addition, your approved provider must reasonably believe you show competence in completing the course.
- You meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements.
- You have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) or are otherwise exempt.
- You have read the 2017 VET Student Loans Information booklet found https://www.education.gov.au/vet-student-loans
- You have given the required documents to your approved course provider and submitted the loan application form by the first census day no less than two business days after enrolling
The tuition fees for the Diploma of Beauty Therapy (SHB50115) and the Diploma of Salon Management (SHB50216) are charged by unit of study. For further information on tuition fees and relevant census dates, you must refer to the Schedule of Tuition Fees and Census Dates, located on Katrinas School of Hair and Beauty homepage.
You will be responsible for the payment of any tuition gap fees associated with your course, this is the difference between the course fees and the VET Student Loan Cap amount. An interest free payment plan will be made available for the payment of gap fees. Once enrolled you will receive a Statement of Covered Fees outlining the acceptance of your enrolment and of your tuition fees how much is considered ‘covered fees’, that is the amount of tuition fees that are covered by VET Student Loans. If applicable, also outlined on this notice will be any tuition fees that are not covered by a VET Student Loan.
In addition you will also receive a VET Student Loan Fee Notice at least 14 days before the first census date in the fee period, that will outline the amount of tuition fees covered under a VET Student Loan for that particular fee period.
If you choose to withdraw you must do so in accordance with Katrinas School of Hair and Beauty’s withdrawal policy and procedure. If you withdraw via the correct procedure on or before the census date, you will not incur the tuition fees for that fee period.
A VET Student Loan only covers tuition fees.
There is a loan fee. A 20 per cent loan fee applies to VET Student Loans for full fee paying/fee for service students. It is not payable upfront, it will be added to your HELP debt at the passing of each census date.
Katrinas School of Hair and Beauty we have a step-by-step enrolment process for all prospective students, so you are fully aware of your commitments and responsibilities in undertaking study with us. Of course, it also gives you a chance to check us out and our great campuses.
- Tour the Campus
You are given the opportunity to view our great facilities and gain an understanding of the learning environment you will be entering. This helps you decide if you feel you would be suited to study with us.
- Complete a suitability assignment
Diploma students undertake a suitability assessment assignment. We have limited places available and this helps determine the suitability and commitment of the applicants. It involves a student profile, plus a research assignment. It gives you an insight into what to expect in your course.
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
You need a certain level of language, literacy and numeracy to undertake any of the courses we offer. As we want to you be successful in the course, assessing your LLN is an important step and is a responsibility we take seriously and care about. Katrinas School of Hair and Beauty uses LLN Robot, an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool to ascertain your LLN level.
- Enrolment Interview
After you have successfully completed the LLN and Suitability assignment (if required), you will proceed to an enrolment interview to complete paperwork, discuss the school policies and procedures, payment of fees, complete your contract and pay your required deposit.
Ready to kickstart your new career?
Our friendly Student Administration staff are ready to help.